I am close to getting enough cards, but could still use a few more to make up 100. And it wouldn't hurt to have a few extras in case someone isn't able to after all.
This is the one I made for her. I copied her photo, and added color with pastels, then glued it to a vintage card with roses.
After that, I cut out a cake from another old card, glued it down and sugared it up with glitter.
To add some sparkle to her lace dress, I used a Gelly Roll Stardust pen to highlight the scrolls and flowers in the lace.
Aunt Caroline is in wonderful health, even for a much younger woman.
Here is a photo of her at 91 in her home in front of a painting I did for her.
She is sharp as a tack and will really be tickled by all these cards. As a person who has made hand crafted things all of her life, she will appreciate the work that is going into this bonanza of mail for her.
She told me once that she lives by this motto, and it has always stuck with me and I try to live by it as well, "Think Right, Live Right, and Do Right".
This Vintage Workshop clutch is covered in in a printable fabric and I will give it as a thank you gift to the winner. I just wish I had 100 of them to give, I really appreciate all your work and help with this surprise!
Speaking of swaps, I am in a mini swap with my friend, Lili in The Netherlands. She said she has a hard time finding millinery flowers where she lives, so I am sending her a few.
Living here, deep in the Bible Belt of the Midwest, I am in millinery heaven. My theory is that there wasn't a single, good God fearing woman in the state back in the good old days, who didn't own a flowery hat to wear to church every week. And since Midwesterners also believe in "waste not want not", most of those hats were saved.
And while on the subject of millinery flowers, Jenny Doh of Somerset Life asked me if she could use this photo in an upcoming issue. I was happy to have it in there, of course!
If you would like to post this button about Aunt Caroline's 100 cards for her 100th birthday, feel free to do so. I've also got a flickr site for it, if you want to make a card and upload it there.
I plan on loading the photos myself when the cards arrive too. Here is the site for Aunt Caroline's cards:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/679216@N25/ (and people have already added some cards to it!)
And here is the site for our Birds and Bonnets swap:http://www.flickr.com/groups/702816@N20/
Remember to sign up for the swap!
Here is the list I have so far for the Cards for Caroline Creators. If you have signed up and missed you on the list, would you please let me know? (or if you see any other mistakes, I do tend to make some)
Thanks. And thanks for the help, she will be so pleased!
EDIT- I have 100!! But, if anyone would still like to send one, I'm sure she would love to get it. I will add another prize to the drawing since I am now over 100 people. Thanks so much for helping me do this fun surprise for Aunt Caroline!!
- Karin http://madrekarin.blogspot.com
- Michelle http://www.ginghamworld.blogspot.com
- Pam http://blogcabinfever.typepad.com
- Lesa Farmer
- Robin~ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robin Foster
- Lori http://faeriewindow.blogspot.com
- Kathy http://www.kathyscottage.blogspot.com:
- Carol Spinsky RaisedInCotton@aol.com
- Lori http://pinkfadedroses.blogspot.com
- Janine http://angelgurl.wordpress.com/
- Liane Tatum
- http://bluemuf.blogspot.com Karen
- http://simplysage.blogspot.com\ Mahala
- Beth http://bethleintz.typepad.com
- Debbie Doughty http://queendebbee.blogspot.com/
- Alice Wingerden http://www.paintedwhite.com
- Karoline http://www.cherishedvintage.blogspot.com
- Joyce Rodli
- Lili http://lilimsadventures.blogspot.com
- Mandy Blake
- *Heidi* http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/
- Kirstie http://adelinecountrycottage.blogspot.com
- Phyllis http://shabbyinthecity.blogspot.com
- Sherry (Edie Marie's Attic)
- Pinkie Denise
- Marilyn http://marilynbutler.blogspot.com
- Melissa http://melissaburford.typepad.com
- Lisa Russell
- Crystal http://www.fariebees.blogspot.com
- Janice Rehmeyer
- Meredith http://www.thevictorianlady.blogspot.com
- Nancy ~ Fete et Fleur http://feteetfleur.blogspot.com
- Jessi http://www.scrappyjessi.blogspot.com
- Jenn~ http://whinenroses.blogspot.com/
- Lolly http://lollysnestegg.blogspot.com
- Gail Sell
- Kathy http://www.vintagesnapsandscraps.com
- Barbara http://smith411.typepad.com
- Edie Marie http://ediemariesattic.blogspot.com
- María Elena
- Kelley http://www.junqueygal.blogspot.com/
- Kelley: http://teacupmosaics.blogspot.com
- Carlene http://carlenefederer.blogspot.com/
- Barb http://www.123lavenderlollipoplane.blogspot.com
- Louisa http://beachyscapecodcupboard.blogspot.com
- Jen http://Sanctuaryarts.blogspot.com
- Sandy Babb
- Colleen Cavanaugh http://cc-creativeramblings.blogspot.com
- Rachael http://theroseroomnz.blogspot.com/
- Valerie http://Queenschocolate.blogspot.com
- Joy http://www.thejoyof.blogspot.com
- Sheri Ingrande http://www.pawshpoodle.com
- Mary Isabella
- Natasha Burns http://www.natashaburns.blogspot.com
- Di Ann Sheps
- Cami http://www.camillefano.typepad.com
- 3rdEyeMuse http://3rdEyeMuse.blogspot.com
- M.Kate http://www.melialissa.blogspot.com
- DELIA http://brooksidecottage.blogspot.com/
- Karen http://karenharveycox.blogspot.com
- Sarah Lee (Adelaide’s Country Cottage)
- Louise http://pinkgate.blogspot.com/
- Betty http://shessewpretty.typepad.com/
- Amy Wald
- Tera http://Stampqueen.blogspot.com
- Kari and Kijsa http://www.kariandkijsa.blogspot.com
- Kathy Jacobson kathyjacobson.typepad.com
- Vickie http://www.whisperofinspiration.blogspot.net
- Amy P http://www.rubymoonart.blogspot.com
- Shannon J http://www.faithandchocolate.blogspot.com
- Gail http://boutiqueginabeana.blogspot.com/
- Cindy http://yappingcatstudio.typepad.com/my_weblog
- Rhonda http://rhondamum.blogspot.com
- Irma http://irmasrosecottage.blogspot.com
- Rhonda RhondaMum.blogspot.com
- Alison Gibbs
- Paula Kay
- Jeanette http://scrapnchick-keepmeinstitches.blogspot.com/
- Jeanie http://www.themarmeladegypsy.blogspot.com
- Whitney Johnson http://www.kindredjoy.blogspot.com
- Corina http://corinaj.wordpress.com
- Lisa Lee email@example.com
- Sammy firstname.lastname@example.org http://sammystuff.blogspot.com/
- Rachael’s Princess
- Rachael’s Mum
- sonya http://www.loveofyellowroses.blogspot.com
- Beverly http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/
- Holly Abston >http://www.hollydoodledesigns.com
- Adla http://www.vintagedelights.blogspot.com