I am almost ready for my trip. This evening was spent ruining the manicure I treated myself to this afternoon. By the way, walnut ink doesn't look very good on newly manicured nails.
I used Glimmer Mist to spritz a turquoise gift bag for some glitz. Then, I took a piece of vintage stationery and made a gift tag to glue onto the front of it. It's a good sized bag, and it will be full to the brim with these 100 plus, fantastic, handmade cards!
We are all fairy fans, so I whipped up some bottle fairies. I've been wanting to make some for so long, and was glad to have an excuse to finally make a few. And I knew I was going to miss being in my studio, so it was also good to have an excuse to hang out here for an hour or so.
Each one is tied up with vintage ribbon, a personalized tag, a gnome charm, and a guardian fairy note.
I just hope the glue is set enough for them to travel well. Maybe I shouldn't have waited till the last minute....
Like packing. I still have laundry to do! I'd better get to it! Edit- I just learned the hard way that if you are packing things that have glitter on them, don't do it on your bed, unless you have plently of time allotted for changing the linens! Or unless you don't mind sleeping in glass.
Remember, you can leave a comment to be entered into the June Garage Sailing Giveaway Prize Pack.
I'll announce prizes for that and for the gifts for my card donators when I get back.
I will reprint the guardian fairy list that Beth and I came up with, in case you didn't see it before and had no idea what I was talking about when I said I was tying one to each bottle:
· “Pinkie Sugar Fly” will guard your windows from bugs flying in through tears in the screens
· “Kitty Flitter Flower” watches over you during cat naps to bring you sweet dreams
· “Tootsie Twinkle Tulip” is always ready to touch up your toe nail polish before you even notice it was chipped.
· “Blue Bird Buttercup” sprinkles cookie crumbs for a trail to lead the blue bird of happiness to your door
· “May Belle Lina” watches out for smudged mascara under your eyes.
· “Flossy Flutterby” picks spinach or other goobers out of your teeth after meals.
· “Pearly Pear” keeps an eye out for an earring that is about to slip off your ear, then tucks it back before it drops.
· “Splenderina” This sparkling little yellow fairy touches your coffee with her magic wand to make it sweet and tasty without any calories
· “Sweet Pea Tee Pea” checks the bottom of your shoes for trailing toilet paper when you walk out of a public stall.
· “Blissa Expressa ” will speed you through the checkout stands at the grocery stores by magically opening up an extra cashier line for you to be first in.
· “Dee Essella Delight” always keeps your Internet connection fast.
· “Zippy Zooma Zella” will watch out for radar speed traps and whisper to your toes to lighten up on the gas pedal before you are caught speeding
“Spamicka Sparkle Sparrow” keeps al of the junk cleaned out of your email inbox and full of sweet messages from people you love to hear from instead.