Since all the hoohah of getting ready for Birdsong is over, and the flock has all flown away, its been lonely around here! I know I've got to get ready for Paper Cowgirls and I am so glad to have that to look forward to, but I am having an empty nest feeling right now.
So, I'm throwing a swap.
And while keeping it bird themed, we'll even keep the Birdsong name.
If you want to enter, please email me. [email protected]
And here are the rules:
- Theme: Birds
- Size: approximately 2-1/2 x 5" but not limited to that. I was just going by a standard shipping tag size, but you don't have to use those, something in that area of size range is good.
- Materials: ANYTHING you want. cloth, cardstock, chipboard, tin, plastic, hundred dollar bills, gold coins, ephemera (ephemera is as good as gold to me, you know) You can finish the back or not, as you wish. People do it both ways, but do SIGN the back. If you have a blog include the address.
- STYLE: Up to you! all the same, different- does not matter, they go to 7 different people, please just include something about a bird anywhere on the tags. And you DO NOT have to use the images I provided, of course. Those were just in case you need some, for this or to use in something else.
- Due: Mail by July 15 I will start assembling the 21st
- Amount: 7, you send in 7 and get 7 other tags back, I'll make one for a cover to each book that I assemble -so that makes 8 total. (you MIGHT get one of your tags back, you might not)
- Cost: $6 US for postage and materials - $8 elsewhere
- Include: Your name and address on a seperate piece of paper, your SIGNED tags, the $6
1754 E 1200 rd
Lawrence, KS 66049
To use these, click on the images, open in a larger window, then save that to your computer and print it from there. It will be a clearer copy that way.
Here is a button you can use if you'd like.
I drew a bird with markers, scanned it, and digitally layered it over some of the bird sheet music. Then, (and this part was fun) I drew branches for the bird to sit on with the doodle tool on Picnik. After that, I faded the branches and added the text. It is sized to 200, so should fit as is onto your blog side bar.
Join the Flickr group here.
All of my past posts mentioning swaps can be found HERE if you'd like to see some of the past tag book swaps. I've hosted Dorothy, Alice,and Puppy Love among other swaps. Just scroll down to see them in various stages and different swaps.