But in November it broke, for no reason. I sent it into Cannon for a repair and without a receipt, they still fixed it for free.
I was thrilled to get it back and working again. Its a Cannon S100 and does photos every bit as good as my Rebel, without all the bulk of that heavy piece. But now its broken again!! I mailed it back to Cannon, and hope it is home in time for my dream of a lifetime trip to Hawaii next week.
Just in case it isn't, I did an ATT&T upgrade and got an IPhone 5 for a great price, and I am so glad that I did, it takes nice, sharp photos. Not as good as my little S100, but much better than the early IPhone that I had. It felt very decedant to get a new phone when I had a perfectly working phone already, and I'm still a little guilty about it all. But, if we are splurging on a trip like this, I want pictures! And I made myself feel better by giving my old phone to my son, whose phone was broken.
Debbie was here for craft day, and we both had clear cases for our phones. We took some of the papers we were working with and lined the cases for a custom look. The top one is mine, bottom is hers.
I'll have more pics of our craft day projects later.
Easy peasy- I layed out my case over the paper I wanted as a background, and traced it. Since the case was clear, it was easy to position.
I trimmed along the inside of the drawn traced line, since it was traced around the outside of the phone, I knew I needed the paper to cut a bit smaller to fit inside.
Once it was cut, I placed it inside to check fit, and traced around the camera hole. I thought about using an exacto blade to cut out the piece for the eye of the camera while the paper was inside the case, but then decided against it, in case I slipped and sliced the silicone. So, I settled for tracing, then took the paper out, and cut it with the exacto knife with the case safely out of the way.
After the background (French ledger paper) was cut, I laid it out and positioned embossed text across the bottom, flowers cut from an old post card in the middle and a strip of lace across the top. Over the lace, I added a tiny, flat velvet millinery flower.
And of course, I was too impatient to wait for it to dry, so I put it back together with the glue wet. You can see a white blog along the top of the flower.
Debbie chose a piece of paper that was cool as is, a receipt from the 1800s from a dry goods store. She just traced it, cut it out and popped it in.
Poor Beth has had pneumonia and couldn't make it to craft day, she was missed. She and I got together a week or so ago to have a junking day and lunch after a delayed Christmas gift exchange (look at all the goodies she stuffed into this old wallpaper covered box for me!). But, that was the day her cold began and we barely made it through the first part of the day we'd planned, and cancelled the junking part.
She and I need a do over day to hang out and play.
A person can only go so long between friend get togethers. Luckily, I had craft day today and book club tonight to hold me over. So, I can give her time to feel better before I coerce her into a play date with me again.