My studio is hard to rearrange, because there is soooooooooo much crap in it. All the cabinets are overflowing, and all the surfaces are stacked to the brim. But I had some ideas for a little shuffling to make a bit more space and decided to battle the clutter and see what I could shove where to make company feel more comfortable. A few inches here and there make a big difference when 30 people join me in the room!
I started with the office section. That blue hutch is much heavier than it looks. I was shoving and pushing and getting no where. I realized that taking off my shoes and pushing barefoot gave me more traction and had better luck with moving it. Because when I wore my slippers, the hutch stayed put as I pushed, and I was the one sliding across the floor!
Maybe, unloading it would have been even smarter, but I'd still be working on that if I'd taken every thing out of all the cabinets before I moved them.
There isn't a big change in the area, seriously, it is only a few inches. But, those inches helped. The spot seems more functional to me, and I was able to shave off enough space to move that big white piece in the first photo to the area behind these doors to the left that I use as a divider.
(It's tight in my office, but most of it is only used for storage for my online inventory and packing materials. The area around the desk, where I actually spend time, feels more open than it looks in the pictures because there is no wall behind the chair, it is open to the main part of the room)
The blue desk and green table to the right still need new homes, and the little white piece near the door is going to the girls' room.
I'm not sure about the new door color. I like the shade, it reminds me of vintage lingerie. But it might be too dark. The back door is also painted that color. And the outside of the back door is a deep, azalea pink. That pink looks great for the garden, but was too bright for inside the studio. Which is why I toned it down with tan to make the color I used on the interior doors.
I hung this old poster on the closet door, but over night the washi tape peeled off.
So, I patch-worked wallpaper on the door and glued the poster over it. A much better look anyway, I should have taken my time and did it right in the first place.
These toy appliances got a fresh coat of white paint and are headed to the grand fairies' room.
Originally, they were done for a friend's business, and another friend bought them at the closing auction. She is moving, and gave them to me. So, I touched up the paint while I am on a redo binge.
The front of the studio should be more spacious with this narrow cabinet in the spot where a bigger one previously sat.
But I'm not done yet....Oh my, what lot I have left to do. It might look awful, but actually this is pretty organized. Two tables hold kit items for Birdsong, another holds sponsor gifts and extras. Cardboard boxes are being filled with Goodwill donations. The pile in the foreground is stuff to tag and get ready to sell for my vendor spots at Downton and at Birdsong.
So, now that the foofing and painting and moving is done, it's time to start sorting through this mess and getting this side of the room straightened up.